VMware Cracks 😉
VMware Explore 2023 EMEA run this week in Barcelona. As every year, a lot of new and exciting announcements came out. So here a summary of my personal highlights.
All VMware Explore Session published can be found on: https://www.vmware.com/explore/video-library.html <<- worth to be watched.
The general session from Barcelona is here: https://www.vmware.com/explore/video-library/video-landing.html?sessionid=1688163522492001luxB&videoId=6340669054112
- 00:00 – 03:45: Intro
- 03:45 – 05:30: Welcome by Raghu Raghuram (CEO VMware)
- 05:30 – 07:40: Welcome by Hock Tan (CEO Broadcom)
- 08:00 – 14:00: Where are we with Multi-Cloud & Generative AI? Going “Cloud-Smart” with VMware Cross-Cloud Services (Raghu Raghuram)
- 10:46 – 13:40 Customer case: Siemens Healthineers
- 14:00 – 40:15:00: Innovations at VMware Explore (Purnima Padmanabhan, SVP/GM Cloud Management VMware), Sumit Dhawan (President VMware))
- 14:50 – 21:40: Modernize Cloud Infrastructure – the next iteration of VCF but much more
- 14:50 – 14:30: VMware Cloud Foundation Update and background
- 18:05 – 18:20: vSAN Max https://core.vmware.com/blog/introducing-vsan-max
- 18:20 – 19:10: Sovereign Cloud https://vmc.techzone.vmware.com/vmware-sovereign-cloud
- 19: 20 – 19:45: VMware Data Services https://tanzu.vmware.com/data
- 19:45 – 20:05: VMware Private AI
- 20:05 – 20:40: How to secure application in your cloud? Micros segmentation, policy based, everywhere.
- 20:40 – 21:40: Ransomware & Disaster Recovery https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dZ6Asencb8&list=PLNOz1mVhDkG41KVhQN3iaK2oMPvXCoSvX and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29QZu-aLDMw&list=PLNOz1mVhDkG41KVhQN3iaK2oMPvXCoSvX&index=3
- 21:40 – 26:40: Accelerate App Delivery
- 21:00 – 23:10: What is the core of the challenge? Is it scalable? What can VMware Tanzu do for you?
- 23:10 – 24:30: VMware Tanzu Application Platform https://tanzu.vmware.com/application-platform and https://tanzu.vmware.com/content/blog/introducing-vmware-tanzu-application-engine
- 24:30 – 25:10: VMware Tanzu Intelligence Services https://apps-cloudmgmt.techzone.vmware.com/tanzu-intelligence-services
- 25:10 – 25:50: Summary on Tanzu Portfolio
- 25:50 – 26:40: SPRING is VMware: 20 years of SPRING and 10 years of SPRING BOOT. https://tanzu.vmware.com/en/spring-app-framework
- 26:40 – 28:15: Deliver Autonomous Workspaces
- 27:35 – 27:45: VMware Apps on Demand https://www.vmware.com/ch/topics/glossary/content/apps-on-demand.html
- 27:45 – 28:25: Improvments in DEX (Digital User Experience) https://techzone.vmware.com/digital-employee-experience-solution-architecture
- 28:25 – 40:15: Enable the Software Defined Edge
- 28:25 – 29:30: Edge computing… the next big thing.. everywhere https://www.vmware.com/products/edge-compute-stack.html
- 29:30 – 29:40: VMware Edge Cloud Orchestrator https://blogs.vmware.com/sase/2023/08/22/manage-the-software-defined-edge-with-vmware-edge-cloud-orchestrator/
- 29:45 – 40:15: Customer Case: AUDI
- 40:15 – 60:00: Generative AI (Chris Wolf, Vice President, VMware AI Labs)
- 40:15 – 43:40: What is VMware’s play in Generative AI? Partners and why a platform is relevant. https://www.vmware.com/artificial-intelligence.html
- 43:40 – 46:45: What is behind VMware Private AI? Why is this so relevant? https://news.vmware.com/technologies/vmware-technology-private-ai
- 46:45 – 50:20: VMware Private AI Foundation with NVIDIA https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2023/08/introducing-vmware-private-ai-foundation.html
- 50:20 – 51:30 Reference Architecture for VMware Privat AI https://core.vmware.com/resource/deploying-enterprise-ready-generative-ai-vmware-vmware-cloud-foundation#executive-summary
- 51:30 – 53:00: Massive Eco-System for AI solutions on top of VMware Cloud Foundation
- 53:00 – 54:15: VMware Data Services Manager https://www.vmware.com/ch/products/data-services-manager.html
- 54:15 – 57:15: Partnership with GOOGLE.
- 57:30 – 57:55: Partnership with INTEL.
- 58:55 – 58:20: Partnership with IBM.
A lot of additional and detailed information can be found here ->> https://www.vmware.com/vmware-explore-new.html
Major announcements (https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases)
- VMware Advances IT Modernization with Enhanced Automation Capabilities and New Security Integrations https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-anywhere-workspace
- VMware Unveils Innovations and Expanded Partnerships to Accelerate Software-Defined Edge Adoption https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-software-defined-edge
- VMware Unveils Innovations and Expanded Partnerships to Accelerate Software-Defined Edge Adoption https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-cloud-foundation-google-alloydb
- VMware Accelerates Data-Driven Innovation with New Advanced Data Services Capabilities for VMware Cloud Foundation https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-vmware-cloud
- VMware Unveils New Developer, Data, and Security Services for Sovereign Clouds https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-sovereign-cloud
- IBM and VMware Help Enterprises Adopt Generative AI with watsonx On-Premises https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-ibm-watsonx-private-ai
- VMware Collaborates with Intel to Unlock Private AI Everywhere https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-intel-private-ai
- VMware Extends Tanzu Platform Capabilities to Build Apps for the Generative AI Economy https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-tanzu-apps-gen-ai
- VMware’s New Innovations Power Customers’ Multi-Cloud Journey https://news.vmware.com/emea/releases/vmware-explore-2023-barcelona-new-innovations-power-multi-cloud-journey
Best place to get an overview about them is the blog of my colleague and team mate Michael Rebmann -> https://www.cloud13.ch/2023/11/07/vmware-explore-2023-major-announcements/and as well the official VMware Explore 2023 Media Kit https://news.vmware.com/in-the-news/vmware-explore-2023-media-kit
Looking forward having interesting conversations with you on our business topics where VMware might be a solution for.